Monday, July 28, 2014

Find new youtubers!

I have been especially obsessed with Cora @ vintageortacky on YouTube lately. She has an incredible way of using colors and shapes and being adorable that has me binge watching for hours. She makes me want to do more, go further, be brighter. And that kicks so much ass.

So, today I decided I wanted to try out one of her latest looks with my Urban Decay Electric Palette.

I have turned the process of following along to these videos into a ritual. I watch the video, gather all my products and brushes, grab a drink and have a seat. This is going to take a while.

I pause and play, rewinding and blending the shades to get the right feel. I curse and become disgusted with my brushes asiftheyretheissuehere. Finally, I watch a clip of David Tennant or cute babies animals because cute babies make me cry. Because I'm like always ovulating or something probably.

Aaaand I'm back. I realize most of the things driving me crazy are easily fixed and I usually try to change it up a bit to make it mine.

This was the process I did today, but with less cursing. This girl is great in the timing of her videos and explains things in ways that are easily understandable.

So, here is the final look up-close and personal! (iPhone pics, I couldn't get any good shots with my Nikon!)



 If you want to see where I found this inspiration check out vintageortacky's video here.

****Product List****
Clinique Pore Refining Foundation-02
Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer-Light
Clinique Stay Matte Powder- Stay natural
Estee` Lauder Blush-Peach Nuance
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil- Milk
Urban Decay Electric Palette
Maybeline Master Precice Liquid Liner- Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner- Perversion
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Rimmel London Lipstick- Eek, I have already lost it! But it's much more of a true electric pink than red, like it photographed. I'll edit when found!

Samantha Says, follow your inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment