Monday, January 5, 2015

Leggings are whatever you want them to be.



I know this started out as fully makeup posts, but I really love dressing up and having fun so I thought I'd get some pictures of my Xmas sale shopping haul and show how I style them! 

For years I've been trying to find ways to accentuate the body I have rather than focusing on the body I don't. It isn't always easy but I know I deserve to feel good in my skin. I know this because I fully believe everyone does, and just in the last year have I realized I deserve to put myself in that category. Finding items that make me feel happy, whimsical, powerful, soft, exciting, relaxed...I could go on and on...it's really important to me. When I feel down or stressed, taking a little extra time to dress myself can make all the difference. I smile more, laugh more easily, and just have all around better days when I feel that boost of self confidence. 

I am still a student, though. Also quite possibly part sloth. So, I need to be able to feel all these things while also feeling comfortable and free. In this search, we find leggings. Beautiful, stretchy, versatile leggings. Wear them as pants or don't. Cover your lady bits or don't. Do what makes you feel good and don't worry about the rest. Here I'll show four different ways I've been doing leggings this season!


My favorites. My beautiful gold hippy-dippy sun and moon leggings. I keep wearing these constantly and I don't care who knows it!!

 
Black top- Lane Bryant 14/16
 Sun and moon leggings- 3X Deb Shop
Black boots- Maurice's 10


Here I focus more on a flowy asymetrical tunic over plain black leggings and boots.
Grey Tunic- 2X Deb Shop
Random black leggings
 Black boots- Maurice's 10


I pumped up the pattern a bit with these super soft cuddle-worthy ones!
Black top- Lane Bryant 14/16
 Print leggings- 3X Deb Shop
 Black boots- Maurice's 10

This is just a total ploy to show off the fact that I am officially the TARDIS. Allons-y!
 TARDIS Dress- XXL Hot Topic
 Black bodysuit- 2X Forever21+
 Random black leggings
 Black boots- Maurice's 10


 



No comments:

Post a Comment